Dog Treat Recipe: 3 Homemade Dog Treat Recipes for the Summer
DIY dog treat recipes can be a fun way to make your dog’s day special. These dog treats are the perfect fit for birthday dog gifts, an afternoon snack, or a treat you can offer your dog on the holidays. For everyday treats that spice up your dog’s diet, you can offer your dog spinach, pumpkin, or ground turkey meat. If you have leftover Fourth of July ingredients like burger and watermelon, your dog will thank you for cooling them down and offering tasty treats.
These DIY pup-sicles are best served in their dog bowl or outside. Otherwise, expect to find a mess all over your floor. For tasty dog-sicles in the summer, keep a separate ice tray around and try these tasty recipes.
Frozen Fall Pumpkin-sicles (Source)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of plain tasteless yogurt
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour your rich mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- Look forward to the howls of appreciation.
Savory Cookout Meat-sicles
- 3 tablespoons of cooked ground meat (beef, chicken, or turkey)
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of chicken broth
- Scoop about ½ a teaspoon of ground meat into each ice cup tray (adjust slightly as desired).
- Crumble a few sprinkles of grated cheese on top of the meat.
- Fill the rest of the tray slots with chicken broth
- Freeze your concoction overnight.
- Anticipate the upcoming tail dancing.
Watermelon Wag Inducing Pops
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 5 1 (5.6 0z) can coconut milk
- Blend the watermelon and coconut milk together in a blender, until smooth.
- Pour tasty smoothie into ice trays and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Expect the jaw licking of approval.
Try a new treat recipe today – start discovering!