Dog Food Recipe: Meat and Veg Rice
Benefits of Homemade Dog Food
This dog food recipe is rich in nutrients and a dog favorite! The meat can be served cooked or raw. The meat provides dogs with protein and a delicious smell to crave for. The vegetables and eggs provide a variety of vitamins that offer a dog’s daily nutritional needs without harmful preservatives or chemicals. When creating a dog food recipe, consider their breed’s origins and their specific nutritional needs. Modify this recipe based upon your findings. Enjoy!
Meat and Veggie Rice Recipe
Approximately 28 Servings for Two Medium Sized Dogs (One Week)
- 1 lb Chicken Hearts
- 1lb Ground Turkey (Add an extra pound of ground turkey for additional protein)
- 18 Large Eggs
- 1 Box of Rice
- 2 Cans of Green Beans
- 2 Cans of Spinach
- 2 Cans of Peas
- 2 Cans of Sliced Carrots
- 2 Cans of Pumpkin
- 1 Large Foil Tray
- Begin by browning the turkey meat. Once cooked through, drain the fat from the pan.
- Empty the cans of green beans, spinach, peas, sliced carrots, and pumpkin into a large plastic bowl or foil tray. Place the vegetables in layers to create consistency in the meal.
- Add the browned turkey to the tray full of vegetables.
- Next, cook the chicken hearts until a light brown color. The hearts are done once they appear to be braised and are softer. Place the cooked chicken hearts on top of the tray.
- Next, boil the rice until soft. Place the cooked rice on top of the tray.
- Thereafter, cook the eggs and add them to the food mixture.
- Stir the mixture to blend the foods.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator either in plastic bags or the original tray.
- For a special treat, serve a warm egg cooked over easy atop the mixture.
Bon-Appetit! See more dog food recipes here.