The Best Dog Care Apps: Android Version
Free Android Dog Care Apps
4.6 Rating | 100,000 to 500,000 downloads
Dog training can be frustrating and difficult, but with this Dog Training App by Gato Apps, you can become the “Dog Whisperer”. With this app you can learn how to:
- Stop your dog from barking
- Stop your puppy from biting
- Teach your dog new tricks
- Teach your dog new commands like “stay” and “sit”
- Teach your dog how to walk on a leash
- The app helps you with obedience training and offers free dog food recipes.
- Written training tips make obedience training a breeze.
- Reviews say this app helped their dogs become the well behaved dogs they are today.
4.1 rating | 50,000 to 100,000 downloads
This app makes tracking your dog’s health simple and fun. This app is perfect for puppy owners who want to track their dog’s appointments, weight change, and veterinarian information.
The Dog Health App by Luca Biasotto allows you to:
- Store your dog’s medical records, height, and weight changes over time
- Easily find new and local veterinarians
- Track your dog’s vaccination and medical records effortlessly
- Get reminders about upcoming appointments and vet visits
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with remembering all of your dog’s health information
- You no longer need to remember your dog’s medical history.
- Be reminded about upcoming medical appointments and vaccinations.
- Backup and restore the medical records for multiple dogs.
4.6 Rating | 10,000 to 50,000 downloads
Finding the best dog to fit your family’s needs and wants can be a time consuming task. There are so many dog breeds with a variety of different activity levels and personalities. The Dog Care App by Team Upstairs gives you an easy to use dog breed reference guide.
This app helps you understand:
- A dog breed’s grooming and activity needs
- Dog breed behavior and personalities
- The maintenance needed for each dog breed
- Breed specific health issues
- App works without internet connection, so you can learn on the go.
- Discover all the information you need, to choose the best dog breed for you and your family.
- Learn how to keep your current dog healthier and happier.
4.3 Rating | 100,000 to 500,000 downloads
For busy dog owners that travel often or away at work, the Rover Dog Boarding app is a great way to find a pet sitter or dog walker nearby. While your dog is being looked after, you can easily manage and contact your sitters. You can easily pay for your dog’s stay everytime.
This dog boarding app offers you:
- See a map of your dog’s walk
- Receive alerts about your dog’s eating patterns and health
- Choose a hand-picked, vetted, and high quality dog sitter
- Receive 24/7 support and premium insurance
- Start your own pet sitting or dog walking business with this app
- Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada with peace of mind that your dog will be well taken care of.
- Order, manage, and pay for your sitter through the app.
4.4 Rating | 50,000 to 100,000 downloads
You can never be too prepared when you’re introducing a new dog into your life. It’s important to feel informed, so that you can provide your dog with the best preventative care. This app makes keeping your dog healthy and safe easy and fun.
The American Red Cross Pet First Aid App includes:
- Interactive quizzes, videos, and advice that makes pet safety fun
- A warning sign checker for preventative care
- Information for nearby vet hospitals, pet friendly hotels, and vet info
- Earn badges as you learn CPR techniques and other safety info
- Have fun while learning how to properly keep your dog safe.
- With this app, you don’t have to worry about handling emergency situations because you have the information at your fingertips.
- This app can support your pet during emergency disaster situations.
4.7 Rating | 10,000 to 50,000 downloads
The PetCoach app is a great way to get quick answers to your questions about your dog’s health. The PetCoach app is convenient and offers immediate answers to your questions – day or night. With this app, you don’t have to question if your Google search results are accurate anytime you have a pet health question.
With this PetCoach App you can:
- Ask a vet a question anytime or anywhere – for free!
- Discover the answers to your questions, no matter your dog’s breed, age, and gender.
- You can ask your question on a public forum or read quick answers too.
- Get answers to your questions about your dog’s nutrition, potty training, and flea and tick health!
- Ask your question to a certified vet – anytime, anywhere, and at no cost!
- Keep this app on your phone so you have no doubts about your dog’s nutrition, health, or training progress.
- Easily send photos to the vet, so you can get immediate and accurate feedback.
7. Relax My Dog
4.3 Rating | 50,000 to 100,000 downloads
The Relax My Dog application has a wide collection of relaxing music that can help calm your dog and reduce their stress. The Relax My Dog app can relax and calm your dogs in stressful situations like during fireworks, in the car, or when they are separated from you.
Use the Relax My Dog App to:
- Soothe the process of crate training with calm music
- Reduce your dog’s anxiety and stress effortlessly
- Make life easier for your pup by soothing them
- Listen to music for separation anxiety, grooming, car drives, and crate training.
- Set a time limit for the music playing so you can set it and forget it!
- Great way to calm your dog during stressful times.
4.1 Rating | 100,000 to 500,000 downloads
Instead of using a clicker or treats to train your dog, try using this free dog whistle application. You can train your dog to hear for certain frequencies and to come at the sound or expect a treat.
Use the dog whistle app to:
- Play a whistle at a frequency of 5, 10, 15, or 20 kHz
- Scare stray dogs with certain frequencies to keep yourself safe
- Great for training your dog (literally) with a touch of a button
- No spam or ads make using this app quick and effortless.
- Test the frequency that works best for your dog.
- *Use the dog whistle to train neighboring dogs that are barking incessantly (Reviewer Suggestion).
4.2 Rating | 10,000 to 50,000 downloads
With the Dog Walk app, you can record the distance, duration, and route of your daily walks. Track how far you go each day and how long it takes you and your pal. This is also a great app for marathon training or to improve your cycling speeds.
With the Dog Walk app, you can:
- Record your dog walks using GPS and share the walk in real time with family and friends
- Record how often your dog pees or poos during the walk to track their bowel movements each day
- Stay encouraged to get active and stay fit with your dog
- For dog walkers, you can record the walks for multiple dogs and share them with their dog owners
- Share your favorite routes with your friends and neighbors; never forget where your favorite dog park is again!
- Track your distance, duration, and walking route effortlessly!
- Record your dog’s information within the app, including their name, breed, date of birth and whether they were neutered or not
- This app is perfect for dog walkers to track and share their walking routes with their clients.
Paid Android Dog Care Apps
4.7 Rating | 100 to 500 downloads | $0.99
Are you struggling to train your dog new commands? Use this app to train your dog for 30 commands. Each command teaches you how to train your dog using only three simple commands. This dog training app makes training your dog simple through the use of imagery.
With this app you can:
- Train your dog to understand and learn 30 new commands
- Learn how to train your dog a new command in only three steps
- Learn how to train your dog by following simple illustrated steps
- Train your dog in your apartment, in your home, or outdoors!
- Learn how to train your dog for 30 different commands.
- Each command contains three action steps that are illustrated.
- Share your progress with friends on Facebook or Twitter.
4.8 Rating | 100 to 500 downloads | $4.99
Are you trying to create raw dog food meals for your dog, but are still at a loss as to how to properly proportion your dog’s meals? Better understand how to proportion the amount of meat, bones, and organs present in your dog’s meals.
With the Raw Fed Dog Food Calculator:
- Use the shop calculator to know how much food you need to buy to feed your dog for a week
- Get the ration and amount of meat, bones, and organs that your dog needs daily, weekly, and monthly
- Store multiple pet profiles that you can store based on changes in your dog’s growth and activity
- This tool is a great way to get started creating raw dog food meals for your dog.
- Don’t worry about whether your dog is getting enough nutrients.
- Know the ratios needed so that your dog can maintain a healthy weight.
5.0 Rating | 10 to 50 downloads| $4.49
This app helps you feel like a professional dog trainer! This dog training app includes tips for bonding, playing, and teaching your dog. This app includes cute and simple illustrations depicting how to properly train and play with your dog.
With the Dog Trainer in Your Pocket app you can:
- Learn how to train your dog by following simple illustrated steps
- Train your dog to boost your dog’s health
- Enhance your relationship and bond with your dog!
- Learn how to best bond with your dog!
- Discover the best ways to train and manage your dog to keep you, your dog, and those around you safe.
- Watch and read how to best train your dog.
4.0 Rating | 500 to 1,000 downloads | $3.00
This illustrated guide makes discovering the details of every breed simple and fun. The colorful photographs and stories about each breed help you decide on the best dog for you.
The Dogs of the World app:
- Showcases the history of each dog breed
- Teaches you how to distinguish between each form of dog communication
- Set any dog breed’s photo to your wallpaper
- Play quizzes to test your knowledge of dog facts and dog breeds
- This app helps you discover over 60 different dog breeds.
- Includes 300 high quality photos of adorable dogs!
- This app is full of amazing information and a great way to learn more about dogs.
What dog app is your favorite? Have you tried any of these before?